Car Accidents

Florida Car Accident Attorneys - Lawyers For Florida Car Accidents

Hiring the best Florida car accident attorney for you may be one of the most important decisions you make. If you are injured in a car accident in Florida, you may be entitled to money damages for pain and suffering, lost wages, medical bills, insurance co-payments and other damages. Call us at (800) 337-7755 for a FREE CONSULTATION with one of our FL accident attorneys.

Florida Car Accident Attorney Jason Turchin has represented victims of car accidents against many car insurance companies, like GEICO, Allstate, Unitrin, Progressive, State Farm, Zurich, Chubb, Gallagher Bassett, and USAA. We handle car accident cases on a contingency fee, which means we only get paid if you recover money for what happened. If there is no recovery, we waive all fees and costs.

Florida Car Accident Law

Florida law provides that your own insurance company may give up to $10,000 in personal injury protection benefits to help pay for medical bills and lost wages, among other things. The other person's insurance company may also be responsible for part of your medical bills and pain and suffering, as well as money for property damage, bills and expenses not paid by your PIP insurance, and other damages.

In Florida, the options for settlement after a traffic accident depends to some extent on who was likely "responsible" for causing the accident.  If your case goes to court, an attorney or jury may decide that you and also another driver were partially to blame for that crash. If this happens, how can it affect how much money you receive for your damages?

Florida uses a "pure" comparative fault rule in car crash cases. The car accident rule works like this: Suppose that, for yourself, the jury decides the total amount of your damages is $100,000.00. The jury also decides you are 20 percent to blame for the accident, and also the other driver is 80 percent to blame.  Under the "pure" comparative fault rule, you are going to receive the total damages amount minus a percentage equal to the percentage of your fault. In this example, therefore, you can collect $80,000.00: the $100,000.00 total, minus the 20 % ($20,000.00) signifying your share of the fault.

The "pure" comparative negligence rule continues to be same even if you are found to be more at fault than the other driver. So, in the example above, should you be the one found to be 80 percent wrong, you might still recover $20,000.00. Not all states' comparative negligence rules work this way.  In states which use "modified" comparative negligence rule or contributory negligence law, you would not be able to recover any damages at all if your jury found you were 50 percent or higher responsible to the accident, or even 1 percent at fault in some states.


Contact Florida Car Accident Attorney Jason Turchin

If you are injured in a car accident, we are happy to discuss your claim to see if there is something we can do to assist you. Again, you can reach us at (800) 337-7755 for a FREE CONSULTATION or submit your inquiry online.

Car Accident With A City Bus in Florida

People injured in traffic accidents in Florida should follow another procedure if your accident involved a government property or entity. For example, if you were injured after a city bus hit your vehicle, you'll probably have to file a "notice of claim" or sovereign immunity letter with the government agency responsible for public transit, and you will have to do it pretty quickly as a way to preserve your rights. Florida law may limit the time you have to file a claim with the government entity, as well as the time to file a lawsuit.


Weston Car Accident Attorney - Miami Car Accident Lawyer - Ft Lauderdale Auto Accident Attorneys