Effexor Birth Defect Claim
ATTENTION MOTHERS WHO TOOK EFFEXOR WHILE PREGNANT AND HAD A CHILD WITH A BIRTH DEFECT
If you were exposed to Effexor while pregnant and have a child with a birth defect, call an Effexor attorney today at 800-337-7755.
Contact us now to find out if you or your child are entitled to compensation for an Effexor birth defect claim at 800-337-7755.
Our Effexor lawyers are investigating Effexor claims in women who took the drug during heir first trimester of pregnancy and had a child with a birth defect. Effexor is an antidepressant that may increase the risk of birth defects when taken during pregnancy. Studies have linked Effexor to various birth defects, including cleft lip, cleft palate, club foot, holes in the heart, other heart defects, and other birth deformities. Many women were not warned of the increased risk of birth defects were not aware of this risk.
If your baby suffered injuries as a result of the failure to warn about birth defects, call an Effexor attorney at 800-337-7755 today.
Types of Effector Birth Defect Claims
We are investigating specific birth defects which may be linked to Effexor use during pregnancy. These include:
- Cleft palate
- Cleft lip
- Club foot
- Neural tube defects
- Anal atresia
- Congenital heart defects like atrial or ventricular septal defects, also referred to as a hole in the heart
- Craniosynostosis or abnormally shaped skull
Venlafaxine (marketed as Effexor) is included in a class of drugs called selective serotonin/norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs). Effexor is used to treat depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders, like generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), panic disorder, and social anxiety disorder.
Effexor Studies Show Birth Defect Risk
Studies suggest a possible link to increased risk of birth defects in mothers who took Effexor.
- Association Between Use of Effexor During Pregnancy and Birth Defects
- National Birth Defect Prevention Study on Effexor During Pregnancy
- Bottles of Effexor Recalled After Reports of Tikosyn Accidentally Mixed With Effexor Pills, Could Be Fatal If Taken With Effexor
- In 2008, Wyeth and Impax Pharmaceuticals reported a settlement to a patent infringement lawsuit over Effexor
- The FTC filed a brief in an antitrust case involving Effexor too. As discussed in the FTC article, The plaintiffs in the Effexor XR case have challenged a patent settlement agreement between drug manufacturers Wyeth and Teva Pharmaceuticals, alleging that Teva agreed to delay introduction of its generic version of Wyeth’s blockbuster antidepressant drug Effexor XR until July 1, 2010, and Wyeth agreed not to market an authorized generic version of Effexor XR for a period of time.
You could get significant money damages to help cover medical expenses, out of pocket expenses, and pain and suffering.
Contact our firm now or call 1-800-337-7755. It's a free consultation!
Visit our Social Media Sites as well for more information: