Asthma And Me Scholarship
At the Law Offices of Jason Turchin, we know what it is like to live with asthma, and to live with children with asthma. Having asthma may have its issues, but overcoming those issues is what we are most proud of. When one of our partners was diagnosed with asthma as a child, he never let it stop him. When his child was diagnosed with asthma, he never let it stop his child either. The Asthma and Me Scholarship provides a $500.00 award to the winner, which will be paid directly to the winner to help with his or her educational needs, including books or tuition.
The current open submission period is for Fall 2019! Applications must be received on or by July 12, 2019.Scholarship Eligibility Details and Guidelines
- You must have been diagnosed with asthma during your lifetime in order to qualify.
- To receive scholarship funds, you must be at least 18 years of age and living in the United States (with a U.S. mailing address) at the time of the scholarship’s due date.
- All applicants must be attending or plan on attending for their first year of college or graduate school in the United States.
- As proof of your first-year status, you will need to submit a digital copy of your acceptance on college on letterhead from that college.
- All applications for the current semester are due by July 12, 2019.
To participate in the contest, applicants should write a 500-1,000-word essay answering one of the following questions:
How has a diagnosis of asthma shaped your life?
What are some obstacles have you overcome, what obstacles do you see ahead of you, and how to you plan on overcoming them?
What do you feel is the biggest challenge you are currently facing, and how are you dealing with it?Application Instructions and Requirements
- To apply, you will need to submit a 500-1,000 word essay on the topic.
- To submit your application and essay, email us the completed essay, a digital copy of the acceptance letter from your college or graduate school verifying your first-year status to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the body of your email, you MUST include: your name, address, phone number, and the name of your current/planned school.
- The essay MUST be attached as either a .DOCX or .PDF and should be 12 pt. font, Times New Roman or another easily-legible font, with double-spacing, etc.). Please also cite any sources used.
- Your subject line in your email MUST start with your name then the year in which you are applying then the name of the scholarship as found on the scholarship page. (Example: Subject - Chris Jones Fall 2019 Asthma and Me Scholarship)