Equine Injury Claims
If you were injured in Florida while riding a horse or other equine animal, you may be entitled to money for pain and suffering, past medical bills, future medical bills and other damages. Call Florida horseback riding injury lawyer Jason Turchin for a free consultation at (800) 337-7755. Florida law provides certain conditions which allow you to make a claim in Florida for injuries caused by a horse, donkey, or other equine. “Equine” means a horse, pony, mule, or donkey in Florida.We Handle Equine Accident Claims in Florida for any of the Following
- Fall from a horse
- Bitten by a horse, donkey, pony or mule
- Struck by a running equine
- Other injuries when thrown from a horse, donkey, mule or pony
- Other injuries caused by a horse, donkey, mule or pony
Florida’s Equine Statute provides that a court can hold responsible an equine activity sponsor, an equine professional, or any other person if the equine activity sponsor, equine professional, or person:
- Provided the equipment or tack, and knew or should have known that the equipment or tack was faulty, and it was so faulty as to be totally or partially responsible for the injury;
- Provided the equine and failed to make reasonable and prudent efforts to determine the ability of the participant to engage safely in the equine activity, or to determine the ability of the participant to safely manage the particular equine based on the participant’s representation of his or her ability;
- Owns, leases, rents, has authorized use of, or is otherwise in lawful possession and control of the land or facilities upon which the participant was injured, and the injury was due totally or in part, to a dangerous latent condition which was known to the equine activity sponsor, equine professional, or person and failed to post warning signs;
- Commits an act or omission that a reasonably prudent person would not have done or omitted under the same or similar circumstances or that constitutes willful or wanton disregard for the safety of the participant, which act or omission was a proximate cause of the injury; or
- Intentionally injures the participant.
There are many places to go horseback riding or to get riding lessons in Florida. This includes Southwest Ranches, Davie, Orlando, Kissimmee, Lake County, Broward County, Miami Dade County, Bradenton, Amelia Island, Homestead, Disney area, Cocoa, and throughout South Florida. If you were injured while horseback riding in Florida, call us at (800) 337-7755 for a free consultation.What Does it Mean When Someone is Injured While Engaging in an Equine Activity in Florida?
"Engages in an equine activity” means riding, training, assisting in veterinary treatment of, driving, or being a passenger upon an equine, whether mounted or unmounted, visiting or touring or utilizing an equine facility as part of an organized event or activity, or any person assisting a participant or show management. The term “engages in an equine activity” does not include being a spectator at an equine activity, except in cases where a spectator places himself or herself in an unauthorized area.Required Notice for Equine Professionals
Under Florida Equine Law, equine professionals and sponsors are required to warn participants of certain dangers. The notice should be posted or written/signed and should include something to the effect of, “Under Florida law, an equine activity sponsor or equine professional is not liable for an injury to, or the death of, a participant in equine activities resulting from the inherent risks of equine activities.” If the notice is not given properly, the professional or Florida equine sponsor may be held liable for failure to warn of the danger.What Type of Equine Injuries can Someone Have in Florida?
- Brain injury
- Broken bones, including broken neck, fractured arms and legs, broken vertebrae, rib fractures, and broken shoulder
- Cuts / Lacerations
- Sprain and strain
- Accidental Death
We can handle all types of equine injury cases throughout Florida! This includes: Miami equine accidents, Davie horse accident lawyer, Horseback riding accident in Southwest Ranches, Florida horseback riding accident attorney, Broward County horse fall accident, Lawyers for victim of horseback riding injury in Florida, Weston, Southwest Ranches, Davie, and Cooper City.
Common keywords include, Florida Equine Injury, Miami Equine Injury, Fort Lauderdale Equine Injury, Ocala Equine Injury, Davie Equine Injury, Injured on a horse, Equine Accident Attorney, Equine Accident Lawyer, Equine Accident Case, Horseback riding injury, Horseback Riding Injury ClaimVisit our Social Media Sites as Well for More Information