A catastrophic injury claim in Florida can result in life-long medical care and significant medical expenses. As a catastrophic injury victim, it is important for you to understand your rights and avenues of recovery. We have seen many injury and accident victims take a very low settlement from an insurance company without fully investigating the claim to determine how much money the victim needs, the financial worth of the at-fault party, the pain and suffering of the victim or financial loss to a family, and without fully investigating and determining all avenues of recovery.
Financial compensation for your catastrophic injuries may be available to you. The experienced Florida catastrophic injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Jason Turchin can help guide you through this difficult time and fight to get you the compensation you need and deserve.Examples of Florida Catastrophic Injury Cases
The term 'catastrophic injury' is a broad term and can include any type of serious injury. Some examples are:
- Severe burns which may result in disfigurement and disability
- Fractures and broken bones which result in deformity, malunion and permanent injury
- Permanent nerve damage which affects one's daily function and may have residual sensitivity or permanent de-sensitivity
- Loss of a limb or amputation of a leg or arm
- Hearing loss
- Vision loss and loss of an eye
- Severe sprain and strain injury
- Damage to a major body organ, such as the lungs, kidneys or heart
- Open reduction internal fixation to repair a broken bone
- Spinal fusion surgery to repair a disc herniation or broken vertebrae
- Traumatic brain injury and brain damage
A catastrophic injury can be caused by a major impact or blunt force trauma. Common causes of catastrophic injuries in Florida include
- A pedestrian struck by a car while crossing the street
- A person who falls from a construction site
- Someone struck by a forklift or other construction vehicle
- A motorist struck by a tractor trailer
- A head-on motor vehicle accident
- A bicyclist struck by a car
- A roll-over car accident
- A motorcycle accident
- Home or trailer fires
- Scalding hot water burns
- A fall from a bucking horse
- Work-related accidents
- Nursing home negligence
- Slip and fall on a hard surface
Catastrophic injuries often result in significant medical expenses, lost wages, and other expenses. Victims and their families are usually caught off-guard and are unprepared for the difficult road ahead following a catastrophic accident in Florida. You should discuss your legal rights with an experienced catastrophic accident attorney at the Law Offices of Jason Turchin at (800) 337-7755. If someone else is at fault for causing the injuries, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your losses.
Damages can be assessed in Florida against all responsible and negligent parties. The type of damage you can recover depends on the type of accidents. For example:
- In Florida, you may be able to recover punitive damages against a drunk driver, and anyone who showed a wanton, willful disregard for the safety of the public or was grossly negligent
- In a Florida car accident, you may be able to recover lost wages and medical expenses from your own personal injury protection coverage, pain and suffering and additional medical expenses and lost wages through the bodily injury coverage of the other driver or vehicle owner, underinsured or uninsured motorist coverage through your own insurance if the at-fault to cover your pain and suffering and other expenses
- If you were injured by a drunk driver who did not have enough insurance, you may be able to collect money for pain and suffering and medical expenses against a bar or homeowner under Florida's Dram Shop Act through a Florida liquor liability claim
- You could pursue a claim against a defective auto part maker or mechanic if you get into an accident and the car fails to protect you
- You may have a claim for damages for a baby born with brain damage as a result of medical negligence
Do not accept an insurance settlement without first speaking with an attorney who has experience handling serious accident claims in Florida. You could accept a settlement for far less than you are entitled to and may not be protected for the rest of your life. Whether you or a loved one was paralyzed, had brain damage, had surgery from an accident, or suffered a serious injury in an accident, don't settle until you speak with a Florida accident attorney who handles catastrophic accident claims.
We are a statewide practice handling claims from Key West to Tampa to Orlando to Miami to Pensacola to Tallahassee.
Insurance companies are often statewide or multi-state companies who handle claims throughout the state. We have experience handling statewide cases against them too. We can evaluate your settlement to fight for compensation for your hospital bills, nursing care bills, lost wages, loss of earning capacity, pain and suffering and other possible damages.
Call today to learn about your rights! Call (800) 337-7755. We are on call and available after hours for a free consultation.
Whether you need a Miami catastrophic accident lawyer, Fort Lauderdale brain injury attorney, Claim for accident victim paralyzed in Orlando, or need a catastrophic accident attorney in Key West, Naples, Largo, Tampa, Kissimmee, Ocala or anywhere in Florida, call us for help.