Crock Pot Pressure Cooker Recall
Sunbeam Products recalled the 6 quart express crock multi cooker, model number SCCPPC600-V1. According to the recall report, Sunbeam is aware of well over 100 reported incidents where the lid detached, resulting in nearly 100 burn injury cases. If you were injured by a Crockpot multi cooker, contact a pressure cooker lawyer at the Law Offices of Jason Turchin today for a free consultation. You can reach us by calling our toll free line at (800) 337-7755 or submit your information via our live chat or contact form.How do I Submit a Crockpot Pressure Cooker Injury Claim?
If you were hurt by a crock pot pressure cooker, you may follow these steps to file your claim for compensation:
- Take photographs of your injuries.
- Take photographs of your pressure cooker. This includes the top, bottom, sides, the digits that can be found on the metal part of the plug, and the plate which shows the model number.
- Take photographs of any property damage or the splatter field of where the contents went after the lid detached.
- Seek medical attention if you were hurt to document any injuries, and hopefully treat your injuries.
- Do not throw out your pressure cooker.
- Call the Law Offices of Jason Turchin immediately so we could file the claim for you.
- Do not speak with Sunbeam or return your product to the store unless advised by the attorney.
If you were hurt by a Crock-pot multi cooker, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expenses
- Scar treatment
- Lost wages
- Future medical treatment
- And more
A pressure cooker lawyer at the Law Offices of Jason Turchin can go over your claim with you and help determine what compensation or damages you may be entitled to recover as a result of your pressure cooker explosion.Is There a Sunbeam Crockpot Class Action?
Yes. Our pressure cooker law firm is one of the co-lead attorneys in a class action lawsuit filed against Sunbeam for allegedly defective crock pot multi cookers. The case is currently pending in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida.Attorney cocounsel for Crock Pot Pressure Cooker
If you are a lawyer who represents a victim burned by a crock pot multi cooker and are not familiar enough with handling these types of cases, you can refer the case to us as cocounsel. We work with lawyers all over the country in similar cases. We are happy to discuss the case with you to determine the best course of action with moving the case forward.
Often times, pressure cooker companies will offer a nominal settlement to a lawyer inexperienced in this field or to a customer who is not represented by a lawyer. Our product liability lawyers have significant experience handling pressure cooker injury claims and understand the potential value of settlements in these matters.What can I get From the Crock pot Pressure Cooker Recall?
According to crockpot's website, they are offering a lid exchange if you have a 6 quart crockpot multi cooker. They admit that certain lids could open while under pressure, and are offering this alleged remedy to help prevent future injury claims. However, to date they have not offered any compensation or replacement of the entire pressure cooker. The pending class action, however, may address those additional remedies.
Crock Pot Pressure Cooker Recall in the News Crockpot injury lawyer Jason Turchin is one of the leading attorneys in the United States handling pressure cooker burn injury claims. He’s consulted with numerous media outlets over the years on pressure cooker burn cases and has worked with experts to further identify various alleged defects in pressure cookers. The Sunbeam crockpot recall has also been in the news. Here are some of the news articles discussing the recall or Jason Turchin‘s pressure cooker cases:Product Liability Attorney Jason Turchin
- PRNews - Jason Turchin joins Sunbeam Crock-Pot class action as cocounsel
- Yahoo News - Another Exploding Crock Pot Lawsuit Filed By Law Offices of Jason Turchin
- PRNews - Sunbeam Products Lawsuit Filed By Victim of Crock Pot Pressure Cooker Explosion
- CBS - Woman Warns Of Exploding Pressure Cooker After Suffering Severe Burns
- CNN - Nearly 1 million Sunbeam Crock-Pots recalled for burn risks
- Consumer Reports - Crock-Pot Recalls More Than 940,000 Multi-Cookerss - Parent company Sunbeam has received 99 reports of burn injuries, some serious
- USA Today - Crock-Pot recall: Sunbeam Products recalls more than 900,000 pressure cookers for burn risk after 99 injuries
- Miami Herald - Florida company recalls 940,000 crock pots nationwide two days before Thanksgiving
The latest recall makes clear that Sunbeam was aware of numerous injury claims prior to the recall.Can I get a Free Consultation if I was Hurt by a Crock pot Pressure Cooker?
Yes. Call the Law Offices of Jason Turchin today for a free consultation if you were hurt by a crock pot pressure cooker. There are no fees or costs if there is no recovery. You do not have to pay us any money out of pocket unless there is a settlement or verdict in your favor. We waive all fees and costs if there is no recovery. Call a product liability lawyer today at (800) 337-7755 or submit your information via our live chat representative or contact form.