When you are trying to find the best Florida personal injury attorneys for your case, experience may be the difference between settlement and losing. If you sustained a personal injury as a result of someone else's negligence, you may be entitled to money damages for your pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages and other expenses. Call Jason Turchin at (800) 337-7755 for a free consultation or submit your inquiry online to see if you have a personal injury claim in Florida.
Being an accident victim is unexpected and almost always inconvenient. In many cases, initiating legal action against the parties responsible for these accidents is a particularly long and complicated task. Some accident victims also discover that insurance companies create a number of obstacles in the way of obtaining compensation. As a result, if you have been impacted by a personal injury accident, it is often a wise idea to obtain the assistance of an experienced accident attorney.
As a personal injury attorney in Florida, I've handled over 6,000 claims on behalf of people hurt in accidents, slip and falls, premises liability, general negligence, bed bugs, food poisoning, and other personal injury-type claims.Common Types of Florida Personal Injury Claims
There are a number of ways in which personal injury accidents in Florida are known to occur. Some of the most common types of accidents include the following:
- Slip and falls - This is where a Florida restaurant, department store, convenience store or grocery store, for example, fail to properly clean and maintain their aisles or property and someone slips and falls. We see cases where there are no wet floor signs, understaffed stores who don't properly check the floors for debris and liquid, and general carelessness and failure to reasonably maintain their property. No matter if a property is commercial or public in nature, property owners generally have a responsibility to maintain a safe environment for anyone who visits the property.
- Beg Bugs - We are seeing more and more bed bug cases in our firm from hotels that fail to properly train their cleaning staff on how to clean the hotel room, fail to properly fumigate known cases of bed bugs and fail to properly inspect the hotel room for insects.
- Falling Objects - Stores with limited space often try to stack boxes and merchandise at levels above our heads in an effort to maximize their space. When they stack merchandise improperly or fail to secure the boxes on the shelves, the merchandise can fall onto a customer and cause injuries. If this happens, the customer may have a claim against the store to recover damages for their personal injuries. These included claims against Publix and Walmart.
- Medical malpractice - When we receive medical treatment, as patients we expect to receive the highest degree of care possible. Unfortunately, there are a number of reasons why errors occur in the administration of medical care. No matter if the error is made by a doctor, nurse, or another medical professional, the results can lead to serious injuries and even fatalities.
- Car Accident Claims - Florida has one of the largest numbers of drivers in the country. Unfortunately, this also means that a large number of car accidents occur in the state. No matter how your car accident occurred, a skilled accident attorney can help. Our attorneys focus on making sure that you recover as quickly as possible and that you obtain the compensation that you deserve.
- Prescription Drug Errors - Pharmacists mess up sometimes. That's a fact. When a pharmacy gives you the wrong dose or wrong medication, the results can be deadly or extremely harmful. If you were injured after getting the wrong prescription, wrong dosage or wrong medication, you may be entitled to money for pain and suffering and medical expenses.
- Elevator Accidents - If you were in an elevator that felt like a "Tower of Terror" going up and down out of control, or tripped and fell going in or out of an elevator because of uneven leveling, you may have an elevator accident case. Elevators are required to have a specific degree of care and maintenance, and are heavily regulated. property owners or elevator maintenance companies may be negligent if they fail to maintain the elevator.
- Accidental Shooting - Gun owners have a duty to properly store and secure their weapons to keep them from children. If someone is accidentally shot by a gun or BB gun, the gun owner or homeowner may be negligent.
- Nursing Home Negligence - When you have a loved one who is mistreated, sustains bed sores, is abused, or otherwise neglected, you may have a nursing home negligence claim in Florida. Nursing homes in Florida are regulated and are required by law to provide reasonable care to your loved one. When they neglect this duty in a nursing home, you may be entitled to recover for pain and suffering, medical expenses, and other damages.
- Pedestrian Accidents - Many pedestrians become injured while walking close to streets or through intersections. Unfortunately, many pedestrian victims experience serious injuries as a result of fast-moving vehicles.
- Food Poisoning - State regulations require adequate food preparation in restaurants and hotels. We've handled many food poisoning and food object claims including those involving stomach upset, diarrhea, vomiting, blender pieces in drinks and food, gloves in food, and other objects found in food.
- Swimming Pool Injuries - Thousands of people are injured or killed each year as a result of swimming pool injuries. Common claims include accidental drowning, slip and fall by the pool, lifeguard negligence, inhalation injuries from over chlorination, burn injuries in hot tubs, and pool pump drownings.
- Sexual Assault and Molestation - We've handled many, many cases on behalf of victims of sexual assault and molestation throughout Florida. Regardless of whether the police pursue a criminal case, you may also have the right to pursue a civil claim for money damages, pain and suffering, past and future medical expenses and other damages. We investigate the crime to see if it could have been prevented and fight to hold those responsible accountable.
- Product Liability - The manufacturers of products have a duty to safely examine all products that are sold and used by consumers. Unfortunately, manufacturers and distributors, as well as others involved with the distribution of a product, sometimes fail to properly inspect products. As a result, consumers can be seriously injured or even killed as a result of the use of defective products.
- Wrongful Death - Unfortunately, as a result of another person’s negligence, misconduct, or intentional acts, loved ones are sometimes killed. In these situations, not only are survivors forced to deal with mourning the loss of their loved ones, but they also face economic and financial difficulties too.
We also represent many people who were injured in Florida while on vacation. This includes hotel guests in Miami Beach, slip and fall claims in Disney World or Universal, Fort Lauderdale personal injury claims, and other claims on behalf of tourists injured while in Florida.
If you were hurt in Florida as a result of someone else's negligence, you may have a claim for compensation for your injuries. Feel free to call a Florida personal injury lawyer at the Law Offices of Jason Turchin today for a free consultation at (800) 337-7755.
Florida personal injury attorney - Miami injury lawyer - Orlando Slip and Fall Attorney - Fort Lauderdale Injury Lawyer